Now for the water -- after some failed experiments, I went back to what I was used to using: silicone caulk. I placed a sheet of cling wrap down and spread out a sheet of caulk & used a stick to add the flowing texture. This caulk happened to apply white and dried to a translucent clear.
Once the back side was dry, I cut the sheet into 2 strips that would fit the low spots of my cliff and attached them to the top with hot glue. I layed down more cling wrap under the falls for the next step.
I also temporarily added a cardboard frame wrapped in cling to hold in the resin at the river's edge.
This is what it looked like after the caulk dried.
Thanks for looking!
For more of the Wench look for me on Facebook, Google+, YouTube, and Twitter!