1.02.2012

Ogre Watch tower

Another ogre piece... this one starting with thin branches recovered from the park, cut at angles, glued & then wrapped with string that was soaked in PVA. I attached the base of the platform the same way except those were craft sticks.
 

 I glued more craft sticks across those support beams. Then at the ends glued a pieces of a wood dowel I sharpened the end of -- this holds the wire mesh (I think it was rabbit fencing) in place. Then more chunks of wood & metal were glued to the mesh to act as the walls.


 The base was covered in a mix of coffee & tea grounds. For rocks I went to the Home Depot & picked up some of this planting bark.

 And used a sponge from a blister pack to give a more varied color.
 
 The ladder support pieces are bamboo skewers that I drilled pilot holes in with a pin vice and the rungs are toothpicks.

Some more bits & foliage and there you have it:






















If you have any questions, please ask -- I know I'm sort of rushing through these.

1 comment:

  1. Articles can explore the history and evolution of various art forms, such as music, painting, sculpture, and dance. 3 Year Offer Blogs can provide parenting advice and resources, addressing topics like child development.

    ReplyDelete